Round Rock, Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Camp Supervisor (Afterschool)
at Round Rock, Texas
Supervises the Recreation Programs. Work is performed under general supervision with exercise of judgment in accordance with established policies, procedures and techniques.
This position is a temporary seasonal position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., August - May
- Examples of Duties
- Manages and supervises the complete daily operations of the Recreation Program including but not limited to activity planning, team training, scheduling, and supervision of all camp participants and team members.
- Oversees the conduct and behavior of program participants and ensures safety of participants.
- Works cooperatively with other team members to meet program goals.
- Creates an environment that promotes sportsmanship and team atmosphere.
- Adapts classes, programs and workshops to student age, physical ability and interests.
- Makes modifications to classes, programs and workshops to accommodate individuals with a variety of disabilities.
- Maintains records and provides data to program personnel as required.
- Responsible for facility cleanliness, appearance, and maintenance requests.
- Ensures safe and proper use of equipment and materials.
- Selects, stores and maintains inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Communicates team expectations and requirements; leads team meetings. Acts as liaison between the Recreation Program Coordinator, program staff, participants, and parents.
- Experience and Training
High School diploma or equivalent;
Plus 6 months of related work experience. An additional 1 season work experience as Camp Counselor may substitute for education.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to instruct participants in diverse activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with team, program participants and parents
- Ability to represent the youth program and City of Round Rock with professional and positive behavior
- Ability to create positive work/program atmosphere
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Certificates and Licenses Required
Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain during training.