Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions
Software and Engineering
Pavilion delivery’s mission is to deliver value to our customers through advanced analytics applications that improve product quality, production capacity and energy use. Our team members have a unique blend of plant experience, control, process and systems engineering. Our toolkit relies on predictive analytics and model-predictive control calculations that use equations and artificial neural networks along with solvers to optimize future set points to reject disturbances and improve performance. We have hundreds of applications in the field.
The Project Manager works with our clients through the project life-cycle from order to acceptance. This role has responsibility for successfully planning, controlling and managing project deliverables. This role is responsible for coordinating scope and estimates, managing expectations, ensuring schedules and deliverables are met and for metrics such as margin and customer satisfaction.
The role is ~50% PM activities, ~40% facilitating proposals and ~10% team support. The ability to work with and manage highly educated and experienced team members implementing cutting edge analytics applications is required. Some international exposure with opportunities for growth.
- Support review & approval of technical scopes
- Prepare economic summaries to match scope, estimates, risk analyses, cost rates and pricing policies
- Participate in sales closure and subcontract negotiations
- Maintain utilization of 80% or greater and high customer satisfaction ratings
- Achieve as-sold margins of assigned projects
- Maintain knowledge of industrial control, automation, information platforms and communications technologies with emphasis on Rockwell Automation solutions
- Maintain proficiency in project management functions such as stakeholder management, budget and schedule maintenance and project manpower planning
- Support department utilization initiatives
- Ensure project quality and cost effectiveness
- Lead, motivate and work collaboratively with a geographically dispersed delivery organization
- Able to excite customers about business development and implementation strategies
- Excellent collaborative skills and ability to work in a distributed team setting
- Interaction with sales, engineering, product and other cross-functional teams to deliver new/existing products to clients
- Support the technical delivery of projects including specific project deliverables if feasible
- Ownership of scope, risk, cost and schedule management, setup, upkeep, forecast, closure of projects in project management systems, initiation of invoices, etc.
- Ownership of projects margin including development and execution of change orders
- Escalate customer issues as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify issues that impact project performance
- Own subcontract and intercompany labor
- Own outcomes from monthly financial analysis of reported projects data, cost vs plan, performance metrics, etc.
- Own stage gate reviews
- Understand financial management, percentage completion, revenue recognition, and project accounting
- Personal commitment to excellence in every aspect of the business with an uncompromising stance on ethics and transparency, internal and external
EOE, M/F/DISABLE, VET
- Bachelor degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Enterprise software experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ engineering services and project management experience with direct customer contact
- Willing to obtain PMP certification within 2 years and maintain the PMP Certification
- Consultative engineering services sales experience
- Analytics and model predictive control experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Typically possesses industry, application or technology knowledge relevant to assigned business or geography
- Continuous manufacturing experience in a plant environment
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Austin - Texas