Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electromagnetic Simulation Project Engineer
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Electromagnetic Simulation Project Engineer
Operations & Engineering Services
No. of Positions
Software and Engineering
For the right candidate, this position can be located anywhere in the United States.
As an Electromagnetic Simulation Project Engineer, you will be part of a central team focused on Electrical Predictive Services (EPS) for new product development. This includes Electromagnetic Compliance, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity requirements, having a direct impact on product quality and reliability. The team partners with Rockwell Automation’s system architect, logic design and PCB Design teams globally. You will provide recommendations and consulting services to global development engineering teams on all aspects of EMC/SI/PI design and troubleshooting. Opportunities will exist to educate others, grow your own skills and advance simulation.
- Sets the Simulation and Design strategy for assigned projects independently
- Develops methods and procedures for EPS team
- Provides advice, consultation and training for members of the EPS team and other departments.
- Communicates project status, concepts and issues and matches the message to the audience
- Manages large complexity projects independently
- Works with architecture and design teams to evaluate design tradeoffs for design optimization considering performance, cost and manufacturability requirements
- Drives process improvements to increase team capabilities and efficiency
- Leads investigation in new tools and technology
- Generates and verifies layout guidelines at board and system level
- Independently designs PCB stack-up
- Independently identifies potential design issues and provides options for solutions
- Independent success with gigabit and higher speed channel analysis.
- Validates simulations in the lab and determines if design specifications are met
- Documents simulation and validation results
- Evaluates lab instrumentation and recommends new equipment
- Manages team members who are responsible for implementing project tasks
- Mentors and evaluates performance of team members and helps establish development plans
- Participates in interviewing candidates
- Effectively presents to large groups
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Position will require some travel (10-15%, possibly international)
- 8 Years of electrical design experience
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic field and transmission line theory
- Significant Circuit and Interface Design Experience
- Significant experience modelling and analyzing power distribution networks
- Experience with identifying potential design issues and providing options for solutions
- Independently uses simulation and analysis tools from Mentor Graphics or equivalent, Analog Circuit Simulator (e.g. Synopsis HSPICE) and 3D RF Simulator (e.g. Ansys HFSS)
- Independently models and simulates high speed I/O, PCB interconnects, and connectors.
- Independent success with lab equipment such as high-bandwidth oscilloscopes, Time Domain Reflectometers, Vector Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, Bit Error Rate Testers, Logic Analyzers and Spectrum Analyzers
- Independent success troubleshooting system/circuit behavior
- Understands SI, PI and EMC test methods
- Ability to work well in a diverse, cross-functional and global team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Over centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial evolution is here — a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard–won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Austin - Texas, Boston - Massachusetts, Charleston - South Carolina, Charlotte - North Carolina, Chicago - Illinois, Cincinnati - Ohio, Columbus - Ohio, Denver - Colorado, Detroit - Michigan, Eden Prairie - Minnesota, Houston - Texas, Los Angeles - California, Louisville - Kentucky, Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Mayfield Village - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin, Minneapolis - Minnesota, Nashville - Tennessee, New York - New Jersey, Phoenix - Arizona, Pittsburgh - Pennsylvania, Portland - Oregon, Raleigh - North Carolina, Sacramento - California, San Francisco - California, Seattle - Washington, St Louis - Missouri, Tempe - Arizona, Washington D.C.