Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Records Keeper
at Reynolds, Smith and Hills, Inc
- # of Openings
- Job Level
We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Records Keeper for our Transportation-Construction Management practice.
As a Construction Record Keeper, you will maintain construction project records and processes related paperwork; reviews and modifies contract documents to reflect changes to original agreement; monitors records to verify compliance with state and federal laws; determines payments due contractor for work completed; maintains liaison with construction inspectors and contractor's staff and trains others. Work requires contact with the public. The Records Keeper will help prepare and submit estimates, check engineering calculations, interpret contract documents, provide EEO compliance, process Contract Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements, independently interpret work details from the field and make technical decisions related to office operations. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and previous computer skills (i.e. SiteManager, eBuilder, DMS, LCP Tracker, Excel, word, and PowerPoint) are required.
Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Attend pre-construction meeting to instruct contractor's bookkeeper on record-keeping procedures.
- Composes correspondence, reports and supporting documents; files; orders supplies and equipment.
- Maintains liaison with construction inspectors and contractor's staff to ensure project records
- Monitors contractors' compliance with federal requirements related to Equal Employment Opportunity and wages.
- Monitors on-the-job training program and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Small Business Enterprise programs; submits required monthly reports.
- Prepares and submits monthly and final estimates; checks calculations against work log and estimate form to verify work is completed before payment is made.
- Processes change orders, supplemental agreements and extra work orders.
- Sets up field record books for each construction project within assigned area.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate effectively
- Standard procedures relative to planning, construction and engineering fundamentals
- Applicable testing methods, processes and procedures
- Higher mathematics
- Developing and implementing programs
- Governmental policies and procedures
- Equal employment opportunity guidelines
- Contract development and oversight
- DBE and SBE programs
- Writing, reviewing and revising documents to include engineering notes, specifications, standards and procedures
- Reviewing and interpreting plans for accuracy and ensuring compliance with requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent and 8+ years' relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant study preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in SiteManager (or other Construction Management software), progress and final estimates, EEO compliance, processing Construction changes, etc.
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
Our construction management experts provide a full range of program management and specialized testing and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. If you want to work on some of the nation’s most complex transportation projects, join our team of construction professionals.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.