Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Supervisor
at Remington Hotels
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: REM0000C9
Enjoy Texas hospitality at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center hotel, blocks from Austin Convention Center, the world renowned 6th Street, the Warehouse Entertainment District, and the University of Texas. Our Austin hotel features guest rooms and suites with complimentary WiFi, 42-inch TVs, refrigerators, microwaves and coffeemakers. Enjoy breakfast or dinner at the hotel's top floor Austin restaurant, Eighteen Over Austin. Come to Austin, where music lives.
DutiesTo supervise the front desk associates and functions; train the associates, manage the room inventory and insure guest satisfaction; operate PBX equipment and efficiently budget labor and controllable expenses.
1. Appearance: Pleasant, professional, neat and clean hands and nails, well-groomed, conservative hairstyle and jewelry, neatly trimmed beard or mustache, if applicable.
2. Behavior: Friendly, positive, professional, interested in job and guests, wants to learn, team oriented, service oriented.
3. Basic Skills: Honest, loyal, dependable, organizational and planning skills, management and supervisory skills, basic math.
4. Communication Skills: Good grammar, strong verbal skills, legible handwriting, able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associates, high degree of verbal communication.
5. Other: Leadership capabilities, understanding of guests' needs and desires, adaptable to change.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Other Requirements:
1. Previous Experience: Previous front desk clerk and supervisory duties, money handling, computerized Front Office Management System.
2. Special Skills: Ability to solve guest and associate problems, salesmanship, training ability of desk clerks, attention to detail, observant, responsible.
3. Product Knowledge: Hotel room procedures, hotel facilities.
4. Other: Ability to work well under pressure, familiarization of other front office procedures, and knowledge of city.
Must work weekends and be available to work flexible shifts.