Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Broadband Service Technician
at RCN Corporation
Company- Grande Communications
Grande Communications has a Broadband Service Technician opportunity available in our Austin, Texas location. A BST's duties will include repairing all reported service problems for phone, data, and CATV from NODE to the customer premise.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical expertise to BCTs when needed. Work orders will be closed with dispatch when completed throughout the day. The schedule will vary by market;
- Maintains acceptable RF levels from NODE to Customer premise in accordance with Grande Engineering specifications;
- Meets performance metrics established by Grande Communications related but not limited to the following: must meet minimum standards set by Field Ops directives;
- Properly maintains assigned tools, test equipment, vehicles, and test devices used in daily work activities. CPE will be maintained daily with weekly reconciliation with the warehouse;
- Performs quarterly Signal Leakage Rideouts and monitors assigned areas for signal leaks with an ongoing preventative maintenance program which will include logging and repairing (will vary by market);
- Emergency Copper and Coaxial restoration as required to include performing miscellaneous construction make-ready and/or projects;
- 7x24 support on an as-needed basis to include an on-call shift rotation that requires a 1 hour physical response time for after hour call-outs;
- Drives a company vehicle in the course and scope of performing duties;
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Two-year technical degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience;
- Certification: Copper and coax splicing certification desired. Aerial lift certification desired. Bucket certification will vary by market;
- Understanding of Telephone and Video outside plant infrastructure. Develop knowledge of advanced concepts related to fiber optic test equipment, optical video components, powering supplies, coax splicing, RF components of HFC system and analog and digital headends;
- CATV and/or telephony background, one to three (1-3) years maintaining communications networks;
- Advanced knowledge of typical digital, optical, analog test equipment, basic electronics, and personal computer efficiency is desired;
- Valid driver license and satisfactory driving record per fleet policy;
- Maintains satisfactory background check per Company standards.