Quest Software, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. General Ledger Accountant
at Quest Software, Inc.
- Job ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. We are currently looking for a Sr. General Ledger Accountant to join our team in our office in Austin, Texas.
Quest strives to be the best of the very best in everything we do. We are fanatically customer focused and are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. It’s exciting, it’s rewarding, it’s hard work and offers career and personal growth.
- Responsible for inventory and inventory accrual account reporting and reconciliations for the company’s One Identity business unit. Inventory consists of finished goods manufactured and warehoused at third party vendor in multiple locations. Finished goods inventory consists of hardware purchased by third party vendor who installs our custom software on an order by order basis.
- Proficiency in reconciling data reported in Oracle ERP and from third party vendor is required. Coordination with internal and external resources include working with personnel involved in sales forecasting, equipment shipping and interaction with the third party vendor.
- The selected candidate will be actively involved in inventory reporting including potential write-off provisions providing feedback to management on status.
- Manage accounting related to incremental costs of obtaining contracts, including variable sales compensation
- Own monthly and quarterly commission deferral accounting process which includes obtaining the commission calculations from the Commission department and reviewing and analyzing the data for proper deferral under the rules of ASC 606. Reconcile deferred commissions and prepare required adjusting entries
- Create detailed reporting and forecasting as needed for management purposes;
- Create entries and deferred rent schedules as new or amended leases are entered into
- Prepare memos documenting accounting treatment under current literature (capital vs operating)
- Identify and conform lease population, of approximately including approximately 50 properties, to new accounting literature ASC 842 which will be effective for the company in our next fiscal year in early 2020
- Participate in ad-hoc revenue and accounting projects as needed
- 8+ years of related work experience or combination of education and experience.
- BS in Accounting strongly desired
- CPA Preferable
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills over large amounts of data (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and Charts)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- A team player
- Strong work ethic
- Self starter.
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 3,500 team members around the globe, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Why work with us?
- Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at https://www.quest.com/company/careers.aspx