Purple Communications, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Purple Communications, Inc.
Purple Communications Inc. is a leading U.S. provider of video relay services (VRS), video remote interpreting (VRI), and on-site interpreting services. We give people who are a part of the Deaf Community, and organizations that employ them, the ability to communicate effectively, and the freedom to make and receive calls anytime, anyplace and anywhere.
The Network Engineer serves as an experienced resource across all network-related areas. They will be responsible for operations support, network deployments, and documentation. They will assist with design and network security. The configuration and administration of all Purple network systems and security endpoints comprise the bulk of work. Working knowledge of security solutions, operating systems, application connectivity, and communications dependencies will be required. The Network Engineer will assist team members and advise management. This position provides opportunities to contribute to the deployment of new systems and re-engineering of the existing.
- Ensure the availability of our services, from a networking perspective, always.
- Implement security policies and solutions on network firewalls.
- Configure network switches, routers, and load balancers.
- Assist senior team members to ensure projects move forward.
- Advise on network and security solutions in creative ways.
- Review existing deployments and share incites with the network team.
- Insure all implementations fit a standard configuration/setup template.
- Communicate regularly with team members and leadership.
- Be available and responsive during primary business hours.
- Be available for scheduled maintenance activities during nights and weekends.
- Serve as an escalation contact for high priority situations that occur after hours.
- Deliver organized, up-to-date, and readable diagrams/documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience Cisco network experience
- Operational knowledge of SIP technology
- Operational knowledge of common networking solutions e.g. BGP, eigrp, ospf, spanning-tree, LACP, mLACP, IPv4 Subnetting, VRFs, Private Vlans, spine-and-leaf…
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively (both independently as well as in a team environment)
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively (both written and verbally)
- Ability to configure, monitor, and maintain IPSEC VPNs, security policies, and other solutions with Cisco ASAs.
- Operational knowledge of packet sniffing tools and analyzing packet captures
- Operational server knowledge, either Windows or Linux
- Experience with a ticketing system (Jira, Remedy, Bugzilla, etc)
- Available for mild to moderate after hours and on-call work
- Cisco Certification – CCNA or CCNP
- Virus and Malware prevention solutions
- Both Cisco IOS and NXOS (Nexus) familiarity
- American Sign Language (ASL) or interacting with the deaf community
- Use of version control (SVN, RCS or other tools/methodologies)
- Dealing with database performance and scaling issues
- Employing creative thinking to solve problems
- Being an eager, thorough, and positive employee
- Work is performed in a business office environment
- Position may require some travel
- On-call support as needed
- Competitive Salary
- Generous benefits package
- Friendly work environment and supportive co-workers
- Opportunity to partially work from a home office
- Work with the best of the best technical talent in the region and grow your career