Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EDI Application Analyst, Senior
- Job ID
ProSphere is seeking an EDI Application Analyst to support our customer. This role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. The Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives. This is a full-time position located in Austin, TX. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- With little to no supervision, provide second level of support for EDI transactions and system failures.
- Monitor EDI transactions, troubleshoot errors, identify and resolve problems related to EDI processes and applications.
- Review translation maps, ICDs, and X12 to verify issues.
- Communicate issues with the customer and create user stories.
- Work closely, coordinate and communicate with customers, vendors and trading partners (e.g. commercial vendors, healthcare payers and providers, utility providers), IT and change requestors.
- Log requests in ServiceNow or other tool.
- Participate in EDI projects and provide EDI SME and healthcare industry knowledge as needed.
- Analyze upcoming business and system requirements, including impact analyses on existing systems.
- Assist in requirements gathering with end users to clearly define business needs and translate those requirements into specifications for development.
- Provide first level of support for EDI transaction and system failures.
- Monitor EDI transactions, troubleshoot errors identify and resolve problems related to EDI processes and applications.
- Perform application monitoring across various platforms such as Mainframe, Windows/Linux Servers and Cloud to ensure they are running as scheduled.
- Monitor EDI team mailbox, respond to requests and file correspondence accordingly.
- Perform initial troubleshooting and triage for production issues in an attempt to resolve, document results of triage on trouble ticket, and escalate to Tier Two when unable to resolve issues.
- Update and provide weekly/monthly incident and EDI Transaction and volume reports.
- Provide support to all client issues and document standard operating procedures according to data requirements. Prepare all documents according to required guidelines, update and create procedures to keep documentation current.
- Provide ticket statuses to customers or requestors on a regular interval until ticket is resolved.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documentation following system outages and critical incidents.
- Coordinate activities including on-time delivery, testing and production deployments.
- Participate in change management, disaster recovery and production support operations.
- Coordinate technical support and software upgrades with in-house staff and outside vendors to ensure applications are performing effectively.
- Work as a technical support and liaison to designated IT personnel to provide testing support, gather feedback on enhancement requests for regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.4 years’ experience working in an EDI environment.
- 4 years’ experience reading/monitoring EDI transactions and performing research, analysis and issue resolution.
- 1 years’ experience using SQL Server 2012
- 1 years’ experience using Ultra Edit preferred
- 1 years’ experience using mainframe commands
- Knowledge of help desk tools such as CA Service Desk Manager (SDM), or other self-service ticketing tool.
- Knowledge of escalation hierarchy (Tier II, Tier III etc.)
- Ability to create queries
- Ability to perform administrative functions relative to EDI operating procedures
- Ability to identify and organize tickets according to priority
- Ability to work with internal and external EDI customers and business units regarding business needs and requirements
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions
- Demonstrate comfort while providing technical direction to ensure EDI compliant solutions using best practices
- Prior experience providing Application support highly desired
- Prior experience at Department of Veteran Affairs highly desired
- Current VA clearance highly desired
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 5-20 lbs.
ProSphere offers full-time employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
It is ProSphere’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.