Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cyber Security Engineer, Senior
- Job ID
ProSphere is seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Engineer to support our government customer. The successful candidate will have extensive information technology experience in the methods, procedures and actions required to protect and secure information systems hardware and software against malicious and damaging attacks and actions. The candidate must have extensive experience in utilizing cyber security tools, network topologies, software or other intrusion detection methods, PKI and continued protection and monitoring of secured networks. The candidate should be well versed in practicing Web Application Penetration and Intrusion Testing software and methods and the deployment of safe and secure systems based on sound design and implementation techniques. The candidate must be able to interact with the Information Security Office personnel and coordinate information assurance actions, investigations and remediation of cyber security vulnerabilities within the enterprise.
This is a senior level position located in Austin, Texas. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Utilize cyber security industry standard methods in providing secure systems
- Scan, monitor and report on system vulnerabilities
- Plan and deploy countermeasures
- Will be required to perform web application penetration testing utilizing various tools and techniques
- Work in close contact with the Information Security Office in surveillance of user, software and network assets for appropriate use and enterprise wide protection
- Stay abreast of current cyber security trends relevant to the client's business and system security
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team oriented work environment
- Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to learn new cyber security techniques
- Travel may be required
- Master degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or engineering discipline preferred. (10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in Cyber Security methods and procedures
- CISSP required
- Must have hands on experience utilizing web application penetration testing tools
- Extensive knowledge in cyber security techniques and methods
- Extensive knowledge in intrusion detection and web application penetration testing
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion
- Remote and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-20 lbs.
ProSphere offers full-time employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
It is ProSphere’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.