Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Media Sales Manager
at Phunware, Inc.
Since our founding in 2009, we’ve relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world’s most discerning audiences. For over a decade, we’ve helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step.
Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile — Transforming Digital Human Experience
Phunware, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHUN), is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), an award-winning, fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. Phunware’s Software Development Kits (SDKs) include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty (PhunCoin & Phun) and analytics, as well as a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application and vertical solutions. Phunware helps the world’s most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today—our Phamily always has room for one more!
The Media Sales Manager will successfully drive sales and attain or exceed revenue goals across all digital channels via a suite of digital products. This position requires a candidate who has a strong understanding of digital media sales, has subject matter expertise in digital advertising to include re-targeting, email marketing, customer attribution, social advertising, and partnership advertising. The position requires previous experience as a top-performing digital media sales executive. The winning candidate will have an outgoing personality, be fearless when making cold calls, and excel at setting appointments and closing sales. If you have a passion for everything digital and are highly self-motivated to achieve success, then this is the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Aggressively prospect, develop, and close leads using a variety of sources.
- Work directly with businesses to discuss and understand their needs and then develop customized solutions to drive leads to their business.
- Own entire sales process from prospecting to completion of the sale.
- Meet and exceed individual daily, weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the sales process as it relates to advertising agencies and/or direct account penetration.
- Drive completion of RFPs, including pulling any necessary syndicated research and developing slides and other materials related to developing the media recommendation.
- Highlight the benefits of various ad services and their capacity to reach a target market.
- Provide clients with resources to aid them in choosing appropriate mobile advertising services.
- Develop and implement standards for pricing to ensure optimal returns for an ad company, as well as a satisfied customer base.
- Carry out market research to identify new techniques for advertising sales.
- Proffer expert recommendations to clients on more suitable advertising service based on cost and viewership.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to ensure effective business dealings.
- Conduct price negotiations with clients on behalf of an advertising company to reach favorable prices for both parties.
- Review media placements and ad campaigns to ensure they meet all clients’ specifications.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years closing digital advertising.
- Strong communication skills, great time management and follow up skills.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Heavy attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and be a team player.
- Proactive nature and eager to learn.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Interest and passion for advertising, digital media, and media planning and buying.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Competitive salary.
- Performance-based sales commission.
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental and vision coverage.
Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.