Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside Sales Consultant
at Phunware, Inc.
Since our founding in 2009, we’ve relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world’s most discerning audiences. For over a decade, we’ve helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step.
Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile — Transforming Digital Human Experience
Phunware, Inc. (NASDAQ: PHUN), is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), an award-winning, fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data, and services necessary to engage, manage and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. Phunware’s Software Development Kits (SDKs) include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty (PhunCoin & Phun) and analytics, as well as a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application and vertical solutions. Phunware helps the world’s most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today—our Phamily always has room for one more!
Phunware is currently seeking an Inside Sales Consultant for software sales in Austin, TX with experience selling SaaS and professional service solutions to both new and existing customers in the Healthcare, Hospitality, Campus, Sports, and Retail verticals.
The primary focus of the Inside Sales Consultant is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning (mainly Tier 2 and 3 accounts). The Inside Sales Consultant will develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application, participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition and negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. The ideal candidate is highly proactive and responsive, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, experienced with software solution sales, and has an exceptionally strong track record closing deals.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive sales of Phunware’s existing offerings and partner with customers to identify new mobile software solutions based on their specialized needs.
- Manage inbound leads and build a sustainable sales pipeline through new account acquisition and development of current accounts to ensure sales targets are consistently met and/or exceeded on a quarterly basis.
- Create and manage strong relationships at the senior executive level within specific verticals.
- Assess potential sales opportunities and quickly determine the most effective path to close deals.
- Work with management and outside reps on critical customer meetings to ensure we are moving sales cycles through the funnel process.
- Research and understand information about customers' products, problems, and business practices to develop directed presentations and proposals.
- Create and deliver challenger-based insights to customers as part of our selling motion.
- Educate customers on how to best monetize their mobile investments and work cross-functionally internally to build out and subsequently demonstrate how Phunware can help them maximize their ROI.
- Attend sales meetings, industry trade shows, and training seminars to gather information, promote products, expand network of contacts and increase knowledge.
- 7+ years closing small-to-medium-sized software customers.
- Strong communication skills, great time management and follow up skills.
- History of consistent quota over-achievement in highly competitive markets with a high degree of drive, energy, and passion for sales.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Heavy attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Experience with Salesforce (CRM).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and be a team player.
- Proactive nature and eager to learn.
- Enjoys fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Competitive salary.
- Performance-based sales commission.
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental and vision coverage.
Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.