Pet Paradise Resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Veterinary Assistant / Vet Technician - (Georgetown, TX)
at Pet Paradise Resorts
- 08-Jun-2020 to Until Filled (EST)
- Wellness - Georgetown
- Georgetown, TX, USA
- Full Time
Pet Paradise Resort is a comprehensive pet care provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services. At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. Located in nine states and nearly forty locations, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
For more information about Pet Paradise visit www.petparadise.com or visit our social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
VETERINARY ASSISTANT/ VET TECHNICIAN
Essential Functions of the Veterinary Assistant/ Vet Technician include:
- Provide quality, compassionate care while maximizing productivity
- Maintain medical charts, complete preparatory procedures
- Provide comfort to pets and their families while delivering exceptional customer service
- Actively listen and document accurate medical history
- Will confidently explain basic diagnosis (ear infection, skin infection, intestinal parasites, etc.) to clients
- Restraint and less fear, more fun handling
Additional Essential Functions for Licensed Technicians:
-Perform dental prophylaxis, place IVCs, administer medications, and assist with surgeries
- Lab and medical records knowledge: Ability to read a fecal float, fecal direct, and ear/skin cytology, understands SOAP
- Comfortable with in-house hematology equipment or reference lab (what blood tubes are needed) etc.
- Comfortable with anesthesia monitoring
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic canine/feline vaccines and basic vital signs for dogs and cats
Additional Qualifications Licensed Technicians:
-At least six months prior experience as a veterinary assistant/technician
-Skilled in Phlebotomy (cephalic and lateral saphenous, jugular; SQ injections or SQ Fluids)
-Experience with dental prophylaxis a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid-Time-Off for all employees
- Complimentary Doggy-Daycare
- Complimentary Boarding (Limited)
- Pet-Adoption Assistance
- Referral Reimbursement
- Health & Insurance (Full-time employment only)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to problem solve.
Certificates and Licenses:
Veterinary Technician Licensure preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The employee may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Associates may be exposed to animals that may scratch and/or bite.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.