Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Solutions Engineer - Backup Generalist
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Austin | US-IL-Chicago | US-CA-El Segundo
Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added reseller and systems integrator. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including Apple, Cisco, Dell, HP Inc., HPE, Lenovo, Microsoft, Symantec, VMware and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions to mid-market and enterprise level businesses.
With annual sales of $2B+, 3,000+ employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.
PCM : The right technology, delivered!
PCM is expanding and looking to add Presales Backup Generalist to close sales of backup solutions from various manufacturers. In this overlay role, you will act as the technical expert/Solution Architect to assist Account Executives in identifying, qualifying and closing complex backup solutions that may also include server/storage/software. If you have a pre-sales background and speak to Veritas, Commvault, Veeam, or others we want to talk to you!
- Meeting or exceeding quotas on a quarterly basis, as well as driving key initiatives related to back up products
- Identifying customer needs/requirements and recommending/quoting appropriate complete solutions
- Working with medium to enterprise level customers to better understand their diverse data center needs
- Acting as an overlay and working closely with inside/outside sales teams and partners to sell complex Solutions
- Delivering a positive customer experience
- Staying up to date on new product technology offerings and partner technology
- Assisting in delivering on-going technical training for the sales account team
- Create and deliver polished proposals and client deliverables
- Produce Bill of Materials (BOMs) and meet SLA’s in a timely manner
- The ideal candidate has a proven history of closing backup offerings
- You are well-versed in competitive solutions and carry one or more technical or sales certifications
- Excellent organization, communication, verbal & written skills
- Ability to multitask – effectively balances short term and long term priorities
- Ability to utilize strategic probing to identify, evaluate, and recommend alternative business solutions
- Ability to analyze multiple market factors to both anticipate/identify customer problems/needs and recommend appropriate solution
- Ability to engage cross functional resources, regardless of geographic location, in order to achieve goal/meet customer’s needs
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands while ensuring customer needs are met
Why work for Us?
We offer an environment for career-driven individuals seeking to make a solid contribution to our company objectives and their own career enhancement. If you want to work in a challenging, performance-based environment and be rewarded for your efforts, then PCM is the place to build your career.
PCM offers a competitive base salary, bonus, RRSP/DPSP with a company match and medical/dental benefits as well as an Employee Purchase Plan, company sponsored discount programs and paid time off.
PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.
PCM: The right technology, delivered!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: PCM extends offers of employment only to qualified candidates who have applied for a position using our official application through our career site, iCims. Please be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment or "phishing" actions that may come from individuals or entities impersonating PCM. PCM will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Once employment has been confirmed and as part of the onboarding process, new hires will receive instructions from PCM to set up their direct deposit information from our payroll department.