Public Consulting Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Engineer / Architect
at Public Consulting Group
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
We are currently searching for a Senior Network Engineer / Architect reporting to the Manager, On-Premise & Cloud Engineering on PCG's ITS. As part of our global ITS organization, you will provide network support to the entire corporation. You will establish and maintain network connectivity among all offices to ensure that employees are able to access necessary corporate services, applications, and repositories hosted in the Data Center. Depending on the needs of the ITS Group, you may also be asked to provide support as Tier 3. Provide network monitoring and support functions. You will work with our corporate office and other ITS groups to monitor and maintain a high level of network functionality. Your goal will be to ensure that the network is available at all times outside of scheduled maintenance windows. You may need to diagnose different types of problems, from basic accessibility issues to more complicated networking issues, such as ensuring that data traffic is fully functional. Advanced knowledge of Cisco systems will be important skills, along with the ability to intuitively analyze and query log files. Information you provide to the ITS group and Help Desk will be used to resolve issues and improve the stability of the network going forward. Act as a liaison to consultants, employees, and others. You will work with consultants, project managers, developers, architects, and IT service providers to upgrade the physical and virtual infrastructure to support new applications in a redundant, fault-tolerant, and cost-effective manner.
• Design, manage and implement PCG’s hybrid cloud infrastructure
• Maintain office networks, including diagnostic/troubleshooting any network related issues using automatic and manual monitoring
• Prioritize and escalate issues to PCG level 2 and 3 support as defined in governing procedures
• Perform periodic architecture reviews and updates
• Follow best practice ITIL process, seeking continuous improvement of systems and processes. Act proactively to identify areas for improvement
• Travel up to 25% related to PCG office deployments, moves and expansions
• Knowledge of storage solutions, Pure, Hitachi, NetAPP, etc.
• Document architectures and lead large multi-site, cloud initiatives
• Act as senior leader, and coach other team members
• Review IT vendor's proposals and invoices to ensure that contracted services are being delivered and managed in the most cost-effective manner possible.
• Research and recommend software, hardware, and tools to meet business objectives (improve operational efficiencies, reduce costs, and provide high levels of service availability)
• Work off-hours or be on-call if required by management.
• Advanced Degrees and Certifications, i.e. CCIE
• 5+ years of related work experience
• F5 load balancing, or equivalent
• Ability to identify performance issues using advanced tools and recommend improvements
• Firewall Technology (e.g. Fortigate, ASA, or others)
• Wireless Networking (802.11a, b, g, and n technologies)
• Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, strong proficiency using and administering network and application monitoring
• MPLS (Multiple Protocol Label Switching) networks
• AWS, Azure experience
• Cisco, Brocade and HP Networking Equipment
• SD-WAN design and implementation experience