PCG Public Partnerships, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at PCG Public Partnerships, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1400 professionals in 45 offices around the world in the U.S., U.K., Canada and Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is hiring for a Director of Proposal Operations to work closely with the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to develop strategic direction, drive proposal development operations, presentations and communications to produce high-quality marketplace winning proposals. The Director reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
The Director of Proposal Development will have the flexibility to introduce processes and structure to complete their job duties. The Director will have staff to support marketing and proposal operations in addition to interfacing with management consulting staff. The Director's responsibilities include:
- Capture Management – Work with Practice Area Leadership, Management Team members and Business Units to proactively deliver compliant qualified proposals and strategies
- Proposal Management – Manage all aspects of proposal operations (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer.
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, outlines, schedules and compliance matrices for assigned pursuits.
- Coordinate, assign or lead major proposal meetings such as kick-off meetings, solution strategy meetings, and reviews. Arrange facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials. Direct participation by Manager on a priority dependency assessment.
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the proposal timeline.
- Enable an effective escalation system to bring awareness to the entire proposal team including CAO and Practice Area Director when a proposal deadline slips and creates risk or extraordinary effort to the proposal.
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and differentiators. Works with Proposal Lead to document the solution prior to writing.
- Capable clearly and concisely communicating complex approaches to work through effective writing styles and leveraging visual aides to assist in conveying the message.
- Manage the Quality Assurance schedules for final review and sign off.
- Ensure proposal center process compliance including standard style guides, conformance with PCG legal, financial and risk policies and ensure documents are submitted in accordance with established RFP criteria.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements, status and identify process impediments with senior management.
- Assist production in proofreading and editing functions.
- Build real sustentative relationships with client partners and Business Teams.
- Develop and manage boilerplate templates, styles, templates, resumes, company competencies and database of references
- Manage customer debriefs and lessons learned from submitted proposals (wins or losses)
- Develop and implement a continual process improvement plan to continue to adapt to the marketplace.
- Design, develop and manage a transparent operation that is data driven.
- Conduct thorough proposal evaluations including obtaining score sheets and competitor proposals
- 8+ years’ experience developing, bidding, and winning public sector management consulting services.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel from technical to high level executive management and influence key stakeholders in order to complete produce results.
- Work independently and as part of a team to produce high quality and timely work products.
- Prior supervisory / management experience is desirable.
- Strong leadership, assertiveness and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Contribute to a positive work environment including the ability to quickly assimilate to a new corporate culture.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with adversity and differing opinions.
- Certified Proposal Management Professional (CPP APMP) is desirable
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience