Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Permit Expediter- Civil Engineering
at Pape-Dawson Engineers
Posted Date3 weeks ago(9/30/2019 10:26 AM)
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
- Engineering Support
This position supports the engineering project teams in Central Texas with the preparation and processing of permit applications at the local and state level.
- Assist project managers with the preparation and processing of local (city, county, district, etc.) and state (TCEQ, TxDOT, etc.) permit applications for land development (subdivision and site development) permits
- Processing includes meeting with agency staff and project team to assist in resolving outstanding issues
- Bachelors degree in Urban and Regional Planning or similar degree preferred, but not required
- 3 years of experience in developing and processing local and state permits for land development projects
- Knowledge of Central Texas land development zoning, platting and permitting processes, codes and ordinances is preferred but not required
- Previous experience within a local agency (City or County) a plus.
- Able to develop and maintain professional relationships with agency staff
- Highly motivated and complete work with a sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and develop relationships with project team members
- Able to work efficiently and provide value to engineering teams in a fast paced; deadline driven environment
- Must have exceptional communication skills; written is key to this position (proper grammar and spelling)
- Must have experience using MS Word, Excel, Adobe/Bluebeam in a work environment; experience with AutoCAD a plus