Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pape-Dawson Engineers
- Job ID
- # Positions
Under the guidance of a licensed engineer (P.E.) and as a member of a project team, this position will assist with infrastructure design on Transportation, Water Resources, Environmental, Survey, or Residential and/or Commercial land development projects as well as assist the team in other necessary daily tasks.
- Assist a Project Manager in the production of project plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Develop feasible design alternatives and compare significant parameters such as typical sections, horizontal and vertical alignments, right-of-way requirements and cost
- Identify and analyze the principle design features and major design alternatives that satisfy the project’s purpose and need
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Prepare written technical reports and engineering studies using approved company format
- Perform site visits, assist in engineering field tests/construction observation, and complete as-built drawings of constructed improvements and utilities
- Interns mainly do redlines, help with submittals, help prepare exhibits, and some get into design when they have experience.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in civil or agricultural engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- Previous experience in civil design through internships is preferred; not required
- Familiar with engineering principles, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, and public agencies
- Flexibility in managing job tasks as deadlines and priorities change
- Familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MS Word and MS Excel
- Previous experience in InfoWorks®,
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm with occasional overtime
- Must be reliable and dependable