Oracle / Taleo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Oracle Cloud Network Engineer - Staff Consultant - Austin, TX
at Oracle / Taleo
As an Oracle Cloud Network Engineer, you will guide customers on how to configure and deploy their Oracle Cloud infrastructure consisting of network architecture, application security, identity and access management, logging, monitoring, and more.
You will consult with customers on how to best design, deploy and optimize their cloud network infrastructure for high availability, reliability, performance and scale.
You will work in a remote capacity from our Austin hub location with occasional travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers.
Together with the team, you will support customer implementation of Oracle Cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and more.
The Oracle Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Oracle's global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
· Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Cloud Infrastructure and Networking challenges.
· Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
· Travel if needed for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities
Qualifications Minimum qualifications:
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
· Experience with data center networking and/or cloud networking.
· Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion; experience troubleshooting clients' technical issues; experience working with engineering teams, sales, services, and customers.
· Ability to travel
· Experience in scalable networking design including high availability, redundancy, failover and load balancing
· Hands-on experience with one or more third-party networking products
· Network troubleshooting skills.
· Understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S and BGP
· Experience with, routing VPN, Firewall rules, IDS / IPS, and F5 / Load Balancer knowledge
· Understanding of network security design including segmentation, encryption, logging and monitoring.
Experience with cloud technology such as Oracle / Amazon / Azure / IBM / Google is a plus
Junior consulting position for those who are continuing to develop their expertise. Receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new projects or assignments.
As a member of a project team, follows standard practices and procedures to analyze situations/data and provide quality work products to deliver functional and technical solutions on applications and technology installations. Work involves some problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying relevant Oracle methodologies and practices. Implements Oracle products and technology in various industries to meet customer specifications.
1-3 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Demonstrates competence in a minimum of one product or technology area. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.