Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Manager, Leisure & Business Travel
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
As Sales Manager for Travel Industry and Business Travel at Barton Creek Omni Resort & Spa in Austin, TX, you will be responsible for the identification, direct sales and service of individual travel producing accounts - to include but not limited to corporations, travel management companies, retail travel agents and consortiums - with the overall goal of meeting and exceeding vital strategic account business objectives such as budgeted transient room nights, ADR and revenue which may be broken down by account or segment. Processes in-bound sales calls and inquiries in a professional manner to actively service and up-sell each business opportunity (within predefined parameters which may change) to maximize revenues for the property. Solicits and manages secondary leisure and corporate accounts (as assigned) and communicate booking and planning information to resort service/operational departments to fulfill. Total account management responsibilities – to include, but not limited to qualification, marketing, promotional and direct sales – to maintain, support and grow specific client relationships identified as critical to the success of the resort while nurturing key company defined accounts. Identify and vet new distribution opportunities to generate demand and increase market share by implementing, executing and planning outbound sales strategies in support of these accounts as requested. The ideal candidate will possess extensive knowledge of all leisure, transient and business travel distribution channels and tools (i.e. Hotelligence) and possess a thorough understanding of GDS distribution networks, OTA’s (both traditional and emerging) and be well versed in contract negotiation and interpretation, and have insight to emerging markets and trends in the leisure and business travel segments both domestically and internationally.
- Collaborate with Executive Team on-property and with corporate colleagues to develop and facilitate annual marketing initiatives by segment for all target accounts to grow room night volume and steal market share from defined comp set.
- Possesses the ability to work collaboratively with key decision makers to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase transient room night production of assigned accounts that yield year-over-year ADR and revenue market share increases.
- Organize, plan and facilitate productive and relevant content for transient strategy meetings with team members and subsequently follow-up with action items.
- Effectively builds and strengthens relationships with customers to enable trust and loyalty to the resort and Omni brand.
- Understands the overall market competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Ability to grow account production with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
- Develop and implement effective sales plans for self (and team members in operations or other areas as needed) while maintaining flexibility to adjust and change with market conditions.
- Activities include, but are not limited to, business development solicitation, individual sales calls, prospective client entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve measurable quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business. Strives to achieve personal and hotel overall revenue goals – which includes referral and ancillary business to the hotels food, beverage and retail outlets, as well as, the Spa.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business, increase market s share and negotiate contracts.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
- Effectively maintains customer, account and opportunity data in the hotel operating systems – i.e. Delphi and Opera.
- Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff to provide a personal services to all accounts.
- Adheres to corporate and resort SOPs when conducting or facilitating client site inspections, FAM trips, and Sales Trips and Tradeshows.
- Ability to execute against the strategy; drive results.
- Closes the best opportunities – willing to turn away or redirect business based on market conditions and what is best for overall revenues.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business. Strives to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
- Achieve budgeted room nights, rate and revenues.
- Participates in development of direct mail and all promotions related to the Corporate or SMERF market segment needs.
- Maintain positive attitude and welcome change.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of exemplary transient (business travel and leisure) sales performance in the hospitality industry
- Understanding of affluent travel agency clientele and key consortia segment partners to include, but not limited to, American Express, Signature and Virtuoso
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in leisure sales in a resort and/or hotel.
- Proven experience in business development.
- Ability to travel extensively (in market and out-of-town) for multiple days and nights as business dictates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management preferred
- Opera (PMS) and Delphi (Sales) certified preferred
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Go To Meetings, etc