Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Cook 1 PM | Blind Salamander $17-18/hr!
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Independently prepare all food items as directed by supervisor and to the company specifications.
- The ability to identify and Inspect all food products for quality.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Safely and properly use all culinary equipment.
- Must have a solid and demonstrated understanding of cooking skills and techniques.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department and EcoSure standards at all times.
- Attend department meetings and other company required trainings.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Required to have at least 4 years culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant kitchen.
- Must be able to work efficiently without needing immediate supervision from management.
- Must be familiar weights and measures in order to follow and multiply standard recipes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred.
- Texas Food Handlers certification required.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry moderate weight. Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and twisting.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.
- Interior of hotel in restaurant and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to hazardous cleaning chemicals.
Tools & Equipment:
- Cooking utensils and equipment.