Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hotel Training Manager
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Human Resources
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
The Training Manager will help train and develop associates along other resort department leaders responsible for creating memorable experiences for guests in keeping with Omni’s high standards and award-winning service while providing skills and career growth to team members. The Training Manager shall focus on development and operations training by identifying hotel wide training needs and ensuring execution of Omni brand-wide and property specific training.
The Training Manager serves as a key member for the Omni Barton Creek Resort following an extensive renovation and expansion that fully transformed the property into the most luxurious resort in Texas. Secluded in the rolling Hill Country of Austin, the 4,000-acre resort is known as a golfer's paradise with accommodations for golf getaways as well as romantic weekends, exceptional meetings and events and memorable family vacations. The 493-room retreat features a brand-new signature spa, new resort tower, refreshed conference center, new restaurant concepts, an expanded poolscape, a new clubhouse and much more.
- Develop and communicate training strategy and drive execution across the property, including overseeing content and logistics
- Assist hotel departments with compliance to Omni Hotels' training programs
- Conduct resort new hire orientation along with other leaders
- Review department orientation(s) and make improvements as appropriate with team leaders
- Monitor management, operations apprenticeship and skill certification programs
- Serve as a resource for educational/training materials
- Provide information to management of external learning events (seminars)
- Coordinate the preparation and revision(s) of departmental training manuals
- Advise Management on training matters, especially opportunities for improvement
- Remain current on training technology
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources, Business, Hospitality or related field
- Minimum of 2-5 years of Human Resources and/or Hospitality Operations training and development experience, preferably with experience in both Rooms and Food & Beverage disciplines
- Knowledge of luxury hotel workplace
- Forbes Training or training experience in a 5-Star setting strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Lecturing, facilitating and presentation skills required
- Prior course design is essential
- Microsoft Windows experience
- Must be able to speak and communicate in English; Spanish language skills are a plus