Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Sales Manager
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Barton Creek may be your perfect match.
The incredible Omni Barton Creek Resort in Austin, Texas is finishing renovations and will be reopening in May! As we ramp up for a great relaunch, we are adding to our hotel sales team! We are currently hiring an Group Sales Manager! This mid-market group seller will create group revenue for the resort by developing new, referred and repeat group business in a defined territory. This is a fast-paced role, designed for an energetic and organized hotel seller. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of group sales experience in a hotel or resort setting. Upscale resort experience is preferred. Come join our team in Austin as we embark on a new era at the Barton Creek Resort!
- Merchandise as skillfully as possible the guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that the customer has the best possible meeting experience.
- Achieve monthly room night goals, develop and implement sales SMART plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales.
- Achieve monthly room night booking goals.
- Follow Booking Guidelines.
- Participate in sales trip targeting specific areas and group within market.
- Solicit accounts within assigned market segment utilizing FDC, Reader Boards and other resources.
- Prospect and develop new accounts in line with the hotel's stated Mission Statement.
- Maintain aggressive weekly telephone, site inspection and personal call goals and outside sales (5-10-15).
- Use all prospect sources as laid out in the Time Management Section of the Sales Action Plan.
- Follow up promptly on leads generated by the National Sales offices, GHA, other Omni Hotels, and other lead sources.
- Active involvement in industry associations and trade shows and our local community outreach.
- Achieve budgeted room nights, rate and revenues.
- Is knowledgeable of the subtleties inherent in the group market segment and of the role it plays in maintaining the profitability of the hotel.
- Is current with all market-related publications in order to stay on top of all industry trends and uncover any potential leads.
- Hold Hotel Tours for market specific group.
- Follow all Group Sales Standards of Operation and policies and procedures (generating and completing all necessary forms, correspondence, etc.).
- Properly convey rate and package information within approved limits to maximize and protect our overall resort revenue yields.
- Perform in a manner that demonstrates the philosophies of The Power of One and Omni Hotels in a professional manner to clients and potential clients at every opportunity.
- Maintain customer relations, GSO relations, trade relations, industry relations and staff relations.
- Promote all Omni Properties and offer information to clients to cross sell the brand, as well and promote other memberships and relationships available for members at participating resorts.
- Work closely with all departments such as Convention Services and Reservation Sales departments to ensure that all details are communicated for to ensure a successful meeting experience.
- Submit SMART plans, development goals and market place action plans yearly.
- Attend department meetings, development training through OBCR and other company trainings.
- Have working knowledge of all departments, the Resort and its amenities.
- Champion the Omni / Power of One culture.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Three years or more related experience in sales work at a resort or hotel.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in business, communications, or hotel management also preferred.
- Must have experience in “cold call” solicitation, contract closing, site inspections / visits with clients, setting up fam and contract negotiations.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office and social media.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.