Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Chef | Barton Creek Country Club
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Food & Beverage
Barton Creek Country Club’s success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club’s members and maintain the company’s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
Responsible for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards and operating costs are minimized.
- Assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all overheads and achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year.
- Report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, plan and implement menu design, creating suitable dishes and passing standard recipes to the food and beverage controller for costing.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- Maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items. To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- Control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under production.
- Banquet Kitchen: Compile new banquet menus when required.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international market trends in order to create food products which satisfy guest needs, thereby maximizing sales opportunities in food outlets.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitor’s food production/offering.
- Assist in the promotion of in house sales activities, such as culinary festivals, chef specialties and culinary competitions.
- Attend recruiting events at culinary school and colleges.
- Plan/organize/control the efficient and effective utilization of all food production staff, especially in scheduling and controlling overtime.
- Interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in conjunction with ASC and the F&B Director.
- Oversee the training/development of all kitchen staff by ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried out.
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial relations.
- Effectively coach and counsel associates and managers as needed and complete performance evaluations.
- Actively participate in the critical path task sheet for the food and beverage department.
- Conduct/attend all required department meetings and company training.
- Champion and drive the Power of One/Omni culture.
- Must have at least 7 years previous culinary leadership experience in a high volume, full service kitchen, preferably in a hotel environment.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Extensive food and wine knowledge and creativity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- Computer literate and detail orientated is a must.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Must have experience managing payroll and scheduling.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
- Texas Food Handler / Serve Safe certified food manager is required.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry moderate weight. Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and twisting. Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.