Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Banquet Cook 2
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you’ll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown’s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company’s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
Provide high quality standards and procedures in preparing/serving all banquet food.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame
- Prepare a mixture of buffet and plated style items
- Assist in controlling food cost
- Document food temperature logs on a daily basis
- Assist in maintain all buffets served in restaurant by checking and restocking every ten minutes while buffet is running
- Production of orders to include Grilling, Roasting, and Baking fish, steaks, chicken and shellfish
- Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times
- Advanced knife skills required
- Minimum 1 year banquet culinary experience, preferably in high volume upscale hotel banquet operation
- Must be familiar with all cooking techniques
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Flexible scheduling to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.