Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Professional Services
- US Army
- Job ID
OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is recruiting for a Technical Writer for the Army Forces Command Data & Decision Sciences Division (AFC DDSD) in Austin, TX. In this AFC, uses the Modernization Application & Data Environment (MADE) in a managed service provider style model to enable subordinate elements throughout AFC to access commercial cloud services. AFC DDSD has primary responsibility for the provisioning and operating the shared common services, maintaining approved desired state configurations for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) deployments, operating and maintaining a central data warehouse capability, and maintaining the Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation for the commons services and environmental level accreditation in a manner that maximizes inheritance.
The Technical Writer will support the composition and finalization of technical documentation, including specifications and user manuals, in the style and format required by the task.
Tasks will include:
- Plan, develop, maintain, rewrite, and produce technical and deliverable documents as required by the client, regulations and/or specifications.
- Coordinate with various team leads and specialists to perform document review, edit and formalization of documents.
- Create and develop training for the cloud environment and application operations. Research, deliver, and develop trainings and materials.
- Work with subject matter experts to create engaging leaning activities and identify target audience training needs.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials; Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Work independently.
- May support multiple tasks and perform as task leader.
Potential CONUS Travel of 25%
Active Secret Clearance
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering, adult education, or related field.
- Experience supporting a Dev Ops environment using a Cloud construct as well as emplying Agile Development techniques, software dev ops and continuous integration/deployment tools.
- Excellent communication skills for frequent interaction with all levels of executive leadership.
- Must have 4 years of related technical writing work experience.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.