Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Warehouse Engineer
- # of Openings
- Professional Services
- US Army
- Job ID
OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is recruiting for a Data Warehouse Engineer for the Army Forces Command Data & Decision Sciences Division (AFC DDSD) in Austin, TX. In this AFC, uses the Modernization Application & Data Environment (MADE) in a managed service provider style model to enable subordinate elements throughout AFC to access commercial cloud services. AFC DDSD has primary responsibility for the provisioning and operating the shared common services, maintaining approved desired state configurations for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) deployments, operating and maintaining a central data warehouse capability, and maintaining the Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation for the commons services and environmental level accreditation in a manner that maximizes inheritance.
The Data Warehouse Engineer will:
- Coordinate the data administration technical function for both data warehouse development and maintenance.
- Plan and oversee the technical transitions between development, testing, and production phases of the workplace.
- Facilitate change control, problem management, and communication among data architects, programmers, analysts and engineers.
- Establish and enforce processes to ensure a consistent, well-managed and well-integrated data warehouse infrastructure.
- Expand and improve data warehouse to include data from all functions of the organization using data manipulation, transformation and cleansing tools.
- Provide supervision, training, and quality assurance to junior personnel.
- Coordinate requirements and engineering decisions across multiple efforts.
Potential CONUS Travel of 25%
Active Secret Clearance
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other Scientific/Technical discipline
- 4 years of related data warehouse engineering work experience.
- Must meet IAT-I requirements as specified in DoD 8570.01M; which includes A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network + CE, SSCP.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.