Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Professional Services
- US Army
- Job ID
OBXtek Inc. is an established, award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
OBXtek is recruiting for a Data Engineer for the Army Forces Command Data & Decision Sciences Division (AFC DDSD) in Austin, TX. In this AFC, uses the Modernization Application & Data Environment (MADE) in a managed service provider style model to enable subordinate elements throughout AFC to access commercial cloud services. AFC DDSD has primary responsibility for the provisioning and operating the shared common services, maintaining approved desired state configurations for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) deployments, operating and maintaining a central data warehouse capability, and maintaining the Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation for the commons services and environmental level accreditation in a manner that maximizes inheritance.
The Data Engineer will:
- Work with application and data science teams to support development of custom data solutions.
- Support rapid iterations of feature engineering with the development of coding solutions to enrich existing data sets.
- Support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities.
- Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file.
- Support development of databases, database parser software, database loading software, and database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
Potential CONUS Travel of 25%
Active Secret Clearance
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other Scientific/Technical discipline
- Experience with traditional, modern, and cloud native database solutions.
- 3 years of related data engineering work experience.
- Must meet IAT-I requirements as specified in DoD 8570.01-M; which includes A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network + CE, SSCP.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.