Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automotive Hardware Safety Engineer
at NVIDIA Corporation
At NVIDIA, we are building the system, hardware, and software technology which enables autonomous driving. Our safety engineering team is currently looking for an Automotive Hardware Safety Engineer to help develop industry leading products for autonomous driving.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be working closely with hardware, software, and systems engineering teams to deliver the next generation of NVIDIA's DRIVE AGX products. Specific responsibilities of the Automotive Hardware Safety Engineer role include:
- Developing safety requirements to implement Technical Safety Concepts (TSCs) on DRIVE AGX ECU hardware.
- Conducting safety analyses to benchmark safety performance and identify areas for improvement
- Participating in hardware/software integration activities across multiple component development teams
- Working with third party partners to ensure all components used in our hardware design meet the highest safety standards
- Supporting safety-related verification and validation activities to ensure Nvidia products are meeting defined safety requirements.
- Assisting customers to safely integrate and validate our products in customer systems and vehicles.
What we need to see:
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in an engineering discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience in development of safety related hardware (or an advanced degree with equivalent experience)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of functional safety development processes needed to meet the requirements of the ISO 26262 standard or adjacent market standards such as IEC 61508.
- Strong talent for carrying out both inductive and deductive safety analyses. Familiarity with common analysis techniques such as Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) is required.
- Experience defining product requirements in a requirements management tool such as JAMA (or similar).
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Willing to travel (up to 10% of the work time) is a necessity.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
Prior automotive industry experience in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) or autonomous driving
- Relevant safety personnel certifications (e.g. CFSP, CFSE, or equivalent)
- Experience using ISOGRAPH FaultTree+, Synopsys VC FSM, or similar safety analysis tools
NVIDIA gives automakers, tier-1 suppliers, automotive research institutions, and start-ups the power and flexibility to develop and deploy breakthrough artificial intelligence (AI) systems for self-driving vehicles. NVIDIA's unified AI computing architecture enables training deep neural networks in the data center on the NVIDIA DGX-1™, and then seamlessly runs them on NVIDIA DRIVE AGX Pegasus inside the vehicle. This end-to-end approach uses NVIDIA DriveWorks software and allows cars to receive over-the-air updates to add new features and capabilities throughout the life of a vehicle.
We believe that realizing self-driving cars will be a defining contribution of our generation (e.g. traffic accidents are responsible for ~1.25 million deaths per year world-wide). We have the funding and scale, but we need your help on our team.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. Are you creative, autonomous and love a challenge? If so, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
THE WORLD LEADER IN VISUAL COMPUTING
For more than two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics.
With a singular focus on this field, we offer specialized platforms for the gaming, professional visualization, data center and automotive markets.
Our work is at the center of the most consequential mega-trends in technology — virtual reality, artificial intelligence and self-driving cars.
Learn more about NVIDIA.