Novogradac & Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Senior Accountant
at Novogradac & Company
# of openings:
Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 800 employees and partners with more than 28 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms and is a recognized leader in real estate and community development. This position allows the firm to provide excellent service to our customers and growth and mobility opportunities for employees. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
The Senior Accountant will manage a variety of tax, audit and other assignments as designated by the Manager. At this level, the Senior Accountant should function with minimal supervision and increased focus is placed on supervising and mentoring Staff, independent problem solving, strengthening client relationships and increasing team profitability.
- Complete tax projects for designated clients as directed with minimal oversight by Managers
- Conduct thorough engagement reviews
- Accept increasing responsibility for engagement management
- Recognize potential problem areas during engagements and propose effective solutions
- Conduct business specific research – gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations
- Develop, strengthen and maintain effective client relationships through professionalism, responsiveness and service-oriented approach
- Enhance skills in the industries the Firm focuses on by seeking out and completing training courses
- Increase the team’s profitability by managing your time and the time of Staff efficiently, contributing ideas and adding value
- Supervise and mentor Staff Accountants
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- If not already obtained, work toward obtaining a CPA license
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exhibit a strong understanding of accounting and tax rules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a level of intellectual curiosity
- Perform work accurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
- Ability to accept constructive feedback from management and make adjustments as directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) and report writing tools
- Maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Ability to meet internal Firm deadlines (time entry, billing, etc.)
- Available to work evenings and weekends based on position needs, and to travel domestically if required
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance (advanced degree is a plus) and 3-5 years of experience in public accounting, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience. Ability to sit for the CPA exam or passed section of the CPA. CPA license a plus.
Novogradac & Company LLP offers competitive pay plus a benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, and a 401(k).