Nintendo of America Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physics Engineer (Retro Studios)
at Nintendo of America Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180000006R
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Individualcontributor that develops, writes and debugs code for video game software andtools with a specific focus on engine programming for rendering and variousother systems as required.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests, andimplements code and shaders in HLSL and GLSL
- Writes clear, maintainable, portablecode
- Writes documentation for otherprogrammers' use
- Anticipates, identifies and articulatesproblem areas and develops preventative solutions
- Participates in providing feedback forthe work of other Engineers
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience working on physics andsimulation systems for AAA video games required
- Experienceimplementing and debugging physics solvers and computing contact resolutions
- 5 years of experience preferred
- Effective organization, analytical andproblem solving skills
- Strong understanding of 3D math andphysics
- Be familiar and have experience withcollision and collision acceleration structures and algorithms
- Professional experience in programmingC/C and C#
- Background in object-oriented designand software engineering methodologies
- Ability to work in a highlycollaborative environment with rapidly changing requirement, with a focus onquality is a must
- Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, orspecific experience video game programming. Advanced degree preferred.
NOA - RG
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.