Nintendo of America Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graphics Engineer (Retro Studios)
at Nintendo of America Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180000006Q
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Individualcontributor that develops, writes and debugs code for video game software andtools with a specific focus on engine programming for rendering and variousother systems as required.
- Designs, develops, writes, tests, andimplements code and shaders in HLSL and GLSL
- Writes clear, maintainable, portablecode
- Writes documentation for otherprogrammers' use
- Anticipates, identifies and articulatesproblem areas and develops preventative solutions
- Participates in providing feedback forthe work of other Engineers
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Prior experience working on graphicsand simulation systems for AAA video games required
- 5 years of experience preferred
- Effective organization, analytical andproblem solving skills
- Strong understanding of 3D graphics techniquesand algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video gamesoftware; Background in object-oriented design and software engineeringmethodologies
- Professional experience in programmingC/C and C#
- Background in object-oriented designand software engineering methodologies
- Strong math and physics skills required
- Must be proficient with HLSL/GLSL
- Ability to work in a highlycollaborative environment with rapidly changing requirement, with a focus onquality is a must
- Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, orspecific experience video game programming. Advanced degree preferred.
NOA - RG
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.