Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NFP Corp
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support various shared services payroll team functions to ensure accurate, timely and properly controlled payments to approximately 1000 employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ensure timely, accurate and proper collection, recording and transferring of employee time and payroll data from a variety and sources into Ultipro for payroll processing.
- Ensure all discrepancies or issues identified are investigated and followed up timely and unresolved discrepancies or issues are escalated and reported to department management for resolution of the upstream processes impacting the payroll department performance
- Assist HR/payroll team members, employees and managers in the resolution of payroll issues.
- Recommends process improvements and solutions, as well as develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Upload amendments to the ADP Tax website and follow through with completion of the filing.
- Complete required quarterly tax reporting and review in a timely manner
- Prepare and update tax unemployment rates and ID’s in Ultipro and ADP
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities with firms
- Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings
- Contact tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Research agency notices on ADP’s tax website
- Identify correct local tax codes and agency’s associated to obtain ID’s for filings.
- Assist in the preparation of accruals, journal entries, and any reconciliations required as part of monthly closing process as defined by the department management
- Perform all job functions while adhering to NFP and firm policies, procedures, processes, SOX and other controls
- Educate and assist users with the Ultipro Time Management system (UTM).
- Prepare payroll-related reports as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus, and teamwork.
Corporate Payroll (In addition to responsibilities above):
- Serves as primary payroll contact for payroll processing, timecard administration and HR transactional administration for approx. 250 corporate employees.
- Ensures timecards are complete, accurate and approved prior to biweekly payroll opening by utilizing reports and working with employees and supervisors
- Processes HR transactions in Ultipro for full employee life cycle including New Hires, Job & Salary changes, Terminations, Tax / Deduction / Earnings updates, etc.
- Works with corporate HR shared services team to ensure accurate and timely payroll and HRIS data processing.
- Performs all tasks in compliance with SOX by following established procedures, retaining documentation and responding to Audit request related to Corporate Payroll and HRIS Administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must have solid understanding of payroll processes and procedures.
- Solid experience using an HRIS/payroll system; Ultipro a major plus.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state payroll laws; multi-state knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile payroll reports.
- Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Individual must also possess good analytical skills, problem solving skills, and good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate self-initiative while also being comfortable in the role of a team player.
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in processing payroll
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None.