Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Human Resources
at NFP Corp
Summary: We believe a company is only as great as its employees, and want all of our employees to move forward personally and professionally. That’s why we’re committed to fostering a people-centric workplace that helps you learn and grow as you prepare for life after college. The Human Resources Intern will be responsible for various administrative duties and responsibilities in the Human Resources Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, schedule, and assist with tracking of annual compliance training
- Research, catalog and recommend content for NFP’s learning management system.
- Conduct research for HR guides & policies, leveraging existing and external resources
- Assist with coordination of industry and product based training webinars with NFP’s carrier partners and internal subject matter experts.
- Conduct audits on NFP social media platforms and NFP’s learning portal.
- Provide recruitment support by updating job description library and conducting research on NFP’s candidate experience.
- Learn steps in recruiting and hiring process and provide assistance to the corporate recruiting team
- Create recruiting-related content for Workplace (tool used by NFP for internal communication)
- Assist the CHRO and NFP’s People Advisory Board on diversity and inclusion initiatives through research and associated projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Proficient in writing and editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Positive attitude and team player
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Proven administrative skills and expertise
- Good organizational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and/or Experience:
- Junior or senior of a four-year university preferred
- Pursuing a degree in human resources is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None Required
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.