Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NFP Corp
We are looking for a Summer 2019 Actuarial Intern for our NFP Austin location!
Summary: Work with Excel workbooks under close scrutiny and review by supervisor for the following projects:
- IBNR Reports
- Non-discrimination Testing Reports
- Self-insured Rate Equivalent calculations
- COBRA rate equivalent calculations
- Medicare Part D actuarial testing
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Benefits team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Excel workbooks to accommodate new data
- Download data from carrier portals
- Import data into Excel workbooks
- Format reports after calculations are complete
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Requires attention to detail, good organization skills, and the ability to work independently
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Experience working in a team environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Pursuit of degree in actuarial sciences with a GPA above 3.0.
- Passed at least one actuarial exam
- Insurance knowledge or experience a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None Required
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.