NextCare Urgent Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Front Office/Medical Assistant - US 281 & Marble Falls Drive
at NextCare Urgent Care
NextCare Urgent Care is currently recruiting for a Medical Front Office Receptionist/Medical Assistant to be a part of our Urgent Care Team in Marble Falls, Texas!!!
As the Medical Assistantyou will provide patient care services such as assisting the providers entering patient history and complaints into the electronic medical record system, document vitals, administer medications per Medical Provider instructions, perform blood draws and other various duties as assigned.
As the Medical Front Office Receptionist you will bechecking patients into the facility for medical treatment. This is done by obtaining personal information you will collect via various forms and insurance information if applicable. This position will also be responsible for verifying insurance and collecting the necessary co-pay and offering NextCare's discount plan if the patient doesn't have insurance. This position requires compassion and an understanding of the patient's needs and providing optimal customer service.
The clinic hours for this facility are 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on the Weekends. Therefore the schedule will require 12 hour shifts, rotating weekends with occasional holidays.
As one of the nation’s largest providers of urgent care and occupational medical services, we at NextCare strive to ensure our patients experience the highest level of care. We operate 140+ clinics in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia and Wyoming – seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Our Mission is to treat you with sincerity, respect and compassion, and provide prompt, affordable, quality health care every day of the year.
At NextCare, we constantly strive to provide our patients with the highest degree of caring, excellence, integrity and results. These essential core values form the foundation of our relationships with patients, customers, investors, partners and one another. Extraordinarily high performance standards serve as critical guides for making important clinical and business decisions. The expression of these standards is evident in our behavior, our attitude, and our approach to our daily work. The product of our strict adherence to core values is the ability to harness tremendous organizational energy to achieve our goal of upholding the highest standard for quality and service within the urgent care industry. This unique combination of values, performance standards and commitment serves as the key to our success.
Our employees deserve to be rewarded for their commitment to our success. NextCare employees enjoy working for a stable company with a fast paced, friendly, supportive work environment, advancement opportunities, flexible work schedules, expansion of your skill set and employees of all status are eligible to participate in our 401(k) Plan!
NextCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full time employees, to include:
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; and
2. Completion of an Approved Medical Assistant Training Program; or
- a medical assisting program accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health; or
- a medical assisting program accredited by The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or
- a medical assisting program accredited by any accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education; or
- a training program offered by a Medical Doctor that meets or exceeds the requirements of an accredited program
3. Completion of an unapproved medical assistant training program and passage of the medical assistant examination administered by either the American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologists; or
4. One year experience working as a medical assistant or other similar healthcare role; or
5. Completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program; or
6. Completion of a program comparable to a medical assisting program. Certification (applies to all states employed):
Current healthcare professional level CPR certification issued by American Heart Association, American Red Cross, American Safety Health Institute or National Safety Council.
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Prior recent experience in an emergency department, urgent care or other clinical setting.