Nexstar Media Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Investigative Solutions Journalist
at Nexstar Media Group Inc.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Are you a seasoned journalist who’s intrigued right now with all the impact of the coronavirus pandemic? Do you excel at researching and digging into data to find untold stories? Are you passionate about investigating all sides of an issue, including solutions to the problems? If you are currently available for a temporary position, working full-time to tackle a major project now through the end of this year, check this out: Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and KXAN-TV are hiring an experienced and multi-skilled journalist for a six-month innovative project focused on the fallout and recovery from the pandemic. You will research, identify story ideas and then develop those stories using the resources of Nexstar’s journalists across the country. This is a full-time position for six months, with a flexible schedule, based out of KXAN in Austin, TX working with the KXAN investigative team. The role will begin with training by the Solutions Journalism Network.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
*Extensive research and data-collecting that leads to story ideas fitting the project’s objective.
* Produce content tailored for multiple platforms, including broadcast, digital and social.
*Coordinate efforts with other journalists contributing to the project.
* Organize material, determine focus and write story according to editorial style and format standards.
* Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment, Avid or similar editing system and WordPress or similar CMS.
* Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
* Strong grammar, on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree Journalism or related field required + three years’ experience as a professional journalist.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled