Nexstar Media Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer V, Sr. Software
at Nexstar Media Group Inc.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
About Nexstar Digital
Nexstar Digital, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXST), offers media companies and advertisers a comprehensive suite of leading digital solutions and services focused on optimizing audience targeting, user engagement and the overall performance of video, social, search, display, mobile, and multimedia content and marketing campaigns. Nexstar Digital’s enterprise-class publishing platforms, video monetization technology, and professional digital agency services deliver powerful digital advertising and content monetization solutions to clients across both national and local markets in the United States. Nexstar Digital product lines include Nexstar Digital Data Solutions Group, Nexstar Digital Platform Group, Nexstar Digital Publisher Solutions Group, and Nexstar Digital Agency Services.
JOB SUMMARY: A Senior Software Developer for the Nexstar Digital Platform is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of our ad serving and real-time bidding systems.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new server-side features and maintenance fixes
- Participate in design discussions
- Participate in peer code review
- Troubleshoot production escalations that are not resolvable by the infrastructure team
- Experience in Scala or a comparable statically typed language
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems
- Knowledge of common ad industry standards (OpenRTB, VAST, VPAID)
- Creative Problem Solving
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Project Management software such as Pivotal or JIRA
- Git, Mercurial or SVN
Education/Experience: 5+ years of experience in server-side development
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
- Unlimited coffee & snacks
- Monthly happy hours dedicated to local eats, brews & congratulating successes
- Quarterly off-site events dedicated to building relationships, generating new ideas, volunteering and reconnecting outside of our office
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans. Company-paid STD, Basic Life, and AD&D. 401(k) company match
- Company-wide community service program where the focus is on building connections with each other and our communities to give back and enrich the lives of those around us.
- Learn and collaborate alongside industry leaders in both broadcast and digital media
- Our small, agile team sizes allow for quick movement & tremendous impact
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled