Navitus Health Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer/Programmer Analyst, .NET
at Navitus Health Solutions
LocationTexas Campus: Austin, Texas
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems or software engineering, and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Working knowledge or experience with source control tools such as TFS and GitHub.
- Experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
The Programmer Analyst II ensures efforts are in alignment with the IT Lumicera, Industry Relations & Network Services (LIRNS) Team to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The Programmer Analyst II's role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach, focused on collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Design, develop, document and implement new applications and application enhancements according to business and technical requirements
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications, as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
Responsibilities (including one or more of the following):
- Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- MS SQL
- Visual Studio
- Kentico CMS