National Oilwell Varco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Night Shift, CNC Lathe Machinist - Cedar Park, TX
at National Oilwell Varco
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1900556
At National Oilwell Varco (NOV) we know that our greatest asset is our employees. NOV is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil & gas drilling and production, the provision of oilfield inspection and other services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. In addition to the career opportunities, NOV offers very competitive benefits. We seek dedicated individuals who want to turn their professional ambitions into personal achievements.
Job Summary: The machinist will properly setup and operate the Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Lathe machines. Maintain knowledge of codes and input them into the CNC machines for production, while ensuring products have precise and accurate measurements.
The work schedule will be as follows
Monday - Thursday 4:00PM to 2:30AM and may include overtime as needed.
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on machines such as, but not limited, to lathes and milling machines in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
- Operate, perform set-up changes and first article inspections on production runs utilizing Machines.
- Load parts utilizing overhead lifting equipment, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Identify problems before production runs, then start and observe machine operation to detect any other malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Read blueprints, precision measuring instruments and job orders to determine dimensions, tolerance and tooling requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of dimensions and tolerances for tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and cutting tools to be used.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Works to a dispatch report and ensure that jobs are run in proper sequence.
- Ensure proper machining of product to ensure products that can be sent to the next operation are within specification.
- Sets up and run CNC machines
- Produces good quality product that fully meets specifications
- Maintains area and equipment
- Manages own work flow
- Meets safety, quality, delivery, and productivity measures
- Follows company policies
- Works safely within the shop
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- 3 or more years of relevant machining experience
- Knowledge of basic math
- Knowledge of proper use to measure tools /gauges and cutting tools
- Mazatrol programing/editing
- Blue print reading
- Demonstrates a good work ethic
- Demonstrates teamwork