Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tech Staff Eng-Applications
at Microchip Technology Inc.
Microchip has an opportunity for a Technical Staff Architect at our office in Austin, TX. As a member of Microchip’s Architecture/Applications team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting marketing in the definition of new products and intellectual property for power management and interface products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum of 12.5+ years’ experience.
- Must demonstrate initiative and be self- motivated.
- Independent but also works well within the team setting.
- Creative with an attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates should have experience in the following:
- Experience with power electronics systems and applications in either automotive, datacomm or consumer markets.
- Designing new mixed-signal power systems that interface to microcontrollers and microprocessors.
- Power conversion modeling and control.
- Knowledge of magnetic design and applications for power systems and EMC/EMI.
- Expertise in power simulation tools SIMPLIS/SiMetrix and SPICE.
- Knowledge of thermal design and applications for power systems.
- Knowledge of digital systems and control.
- Semiconductor process technology experience.