Microchip Technology Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Product Engineer
at Microchip Technology Inc.
The Sr. Product Engineer works closely with the engineering design team on project concept, specials and new product introduction (NPI). The Sr. Product Engineer will be the key resource in bridging the gap between engineering and operations in transferring products to production environment. The Sr. Product Engineer provides support to production teams through the entire product lifecycle.
- Early involvement with engineering in the design phase helping with quick turns, prototype execution, coordinating releases, and board bring-up.
- NPI, driving actions related to product cost optimization, quality and transfer to production.
- Areas of focus, involving manufacturability, assembly, automation, test, cost, quality, and supply chain.
- Work with Architecture, Design, Test, Planning and Manufacturing teams on launching product build from prototypes to production.
- Work with Applications and Quality engineering teams to support customer returns and failure analysis.
- B.S. in Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills are a must with a focus on attention to detail.
- Experience with leading teams through complex projects.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze validation, ATE datalogs and fab electrical test data.
- Good understanding of semiconductor device physics, processing and reliability.
- Ability to comprehend and review design objective specifications and data sheets.
- Packaging technology knowledge required.
- Capability to generate test procedures and specifications for ATE implementation based on laboratory experiments.
- Experience with bench laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, supplies and meters desirable
- Board level and schematic system design desired but not required
- Customer service experience is a plus