Meritage Homes Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Land Acquisition Manager
at Meritage Homes Corporation
- Job ID
Meritage is looking for a Land Acquisition Manager for our Austin division to focus on the following:
- Analyze markets and sub-markets and the division’s current land positions in order to identify gaps and strategic areas for concentrating future land acquisitions.
- Oversee potential new projects for the division including identification of parcels, negotiation with sellers, due diligence, and preparation of Corporate Approval Package.
- Responsible for review/preparation of market data and competitive pricing analysis, and evaluating the overall technical and financial feasibility of a potential project.
- Prepare letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in a competitive bid situation.
- Review survey/title issues and other reports to determine liabilities of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in the presentations before municipal decision-making bodies and other government entities as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of market activities, trends and opportunities and generate prospective land deals through networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, title companies, developers, other builders, land sellers, and others.
- Responsible for the preparation of deal summaries and land tracking report for corporate management and Division President.
- Create and foster relationships with landowners, land brokers, title companies, lenders, municipalities other homebuilders, and lot developers
- Negotiate and prepare amendments to existing land contracts as necessary.
- Three or more years of Real Estate acquisition and negotiation experience, preferably in the homebuilding industry
- Experience in land acquisition, preferably in homebuilding. A portion of this experience can be accumulated working with municipalities
- Knowledge of GIS mapping applications and Google Earth
- Two years of experience working with municipalities, homeowners, contractors, attorneys and engineers
- Working knowledge of zoning and land use practices, development standards, and utility solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel Ability to read and interpret lot plans, plat plans
- Ability to create/implement work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plan
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no further! At Meritage Homes, we offer a variety of different careers and are dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with their loved ones. Meritage Homes is a national top 10 homebuilder and a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. If you have a self-starter mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Maintaining a consistent competitive drive to be the best
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Having pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital part of the team