We Are Blood
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tissue Recovery Technician - 48 hours on-call
at We Are Blood
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting the needs for allograft tissue by patients. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their first year of grief.
We are actively looking for a Tissue Recovery Technician to participate in the aseptic recovery of human tissue for transplantation. This position will adhere to all FDA and AATB standards and guidelines, as well as company policies.
- Completing recovery documentation
- Handling sterile surgical supplies and equipment
- Cleaning and caring for instrumentation
- Aseptic packaging and labeling tissue products
- Performing donor reconstruction after tissue recovery
Skill / Requirements
- HS diploma or equivalent is required. Surgical Technician certificate (CST), or two years of experience in a surgical/critical care environment, or previous Tissue Banking experience is preferred.
- Two years of college education in a related health care or science field may substitute for certificate and experience.
- Must be able to work a 48 hour, on-call shift: Friday, 7 am to Sunday, 7 am.
- Must be able to work with a cadaver and have a good understanding of human anatomy.
- Must be able to lift 250 lbs. with assistance and 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Prefer applicant be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Must be able to work a 48 hour, on-call shift: Friday, 7 am to Sunday, 7 am.
To apply, send your resume to: Resumes@tcms.com. (Please indicate job title in the subject line.)