We Are Blood
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Donor Eligibility Specialist
at We Are Blood
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting the needs for allograft tissue by patients. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their first year of grief.
Our Tissue Services division was established in 1985 due to the increasing demand for allograft tissue. Today, The Tissue Center surgically recovers tissue from approximately 300 donors each year, distributes about 3,000 tissue grafts to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries, and assists with donor family services.
We are actively seeking a Donor Eligibility Specialist to work with families throughout Central Texas and provide information about the opportunity of tissue donation.
- Receiving/Coordinating and evaluating potential donor information to written medicalcriteria and established triage procedures to determine eligibility for tissue donation.
- Contacting the authorizing person and providing informational support and resources through the end-of-life process.
- Completing legal donation authorization for consenting families, and performing detailed donor medical history interviews with appropriate parties.
- Communicating with shared service partners and involved entities on shared referrals and/or donor cases to facilitate the donation process. This may include medical examiner’s offices, justices of the peace, funeral homes, eye banks, and organ banks.
- Completing and verifying required documentation according to written procedures prior to recovery.
- Please include the phrase "purple monkey dishwasher" within the body of your cover letter or resume.
- Logistical coordination of donors cases with the surgical recovery team.
- Entering referral and donor case information into department tracking databases.
- Following all federal, industry, and organizational guidelines, protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in Consent Services meetings and trainings.
Skill / Requirements
- HS diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of health science, patient care, social work, hospice or counseling experience required.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as health sciences, psychology, social work, or interpersonal communication fields, and/or Tissue Banking experience.
- Must be able to work 3, 12 hours shifts.
- **Must be able to work (10 % in office) & work (90% from home)!
- Must be available to work a flexible on-call schedule.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, as well as compassion, respect, and concern for families in their time of grief. Exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org/careers/ Opens a New Window. to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply, send your cover letter & resume to Resumes@tcms.com. (Please include the job title for the position you are applying to in the subject line.)
To apply, send your resume to Resumes@tcms.com. (Please include the job title for the position you are applying to in the subject line.)