We Are Blood
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Tissue Donor Services
at We Are Blood
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting the needs for allograft tissue by patients. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries.
We are looking for a Director of Tissue Donor Services. This person is responsible for providing direction and oversight for operations. Responsibilities include planning and executing initiatives to enhance and increase donation outcomes; fostering partner relationships; and, assessment of department performance, and budgetary goals.
- Oversee and direct Tissue Donor Services operations including development of goals and objectives designed to enhance and increase donation and recovery of allograft tissues.
- Direct marketing, forecasting and monitoring of donor service relationships with donation and processing partners to further continued development.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase tissue donation service areas.
- Work closely with the COO regarding strategic business planning, budget and profitability targets. Provide Executive Management with analysis reports for trends in donor services market.
- Operational oversight and collaboration with Accounting department for accounts payables and receivables.
- Oversight of Tissue Donor Services operations outcomes in family services, surgical recovery, donor records, partner/hospital development and quality processes including training programs.
- Manage contract development, negotiation, and execution for services provided by and to Tissue Donor Services.
- Provide leadership and direction for reporting staff in evaluating, coaching, and counseling employees.
- Provide departmental SME guidance for operational compliance with applicable industry standards, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the highest levels of service and professionalism are exhibited throughout the organization and provide oversight to messaging that is distributed in the community or to donation partners.
- Ensure and maintain the highest levels of customer service for internal and external customers at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business or Bio-engineering or equivalent work experience. Some graduate level courses in Management preferred
- A current licensed RN, PA-c or CSFA is preferred
- Must be CTBS certified or test during the next available exam cycle.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of management experience
- Must be team oriented with the ability to lead by example
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge
- Must have strong experience with budgetary control processes
- Strong working knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office software
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to make sound judgements and decisions
- Able to meet assigned timeline tasks as required
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Must have the ability to handle difficult situations and deal with sensitive and highly confidential information
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines and timetables
- Must be able to assimilate information and draw reasonable conclusions
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to: Resumes@tcms.com Opens a New Window. .
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply, send your Cover Letter and Resume to Resumes@tcms.com.