We Are Blood
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Apheresis Nurse
at We Are Blood
We Are Blood serves over 40 hospitals and medical facilities in a 10 county area. Our mission is to provide and protect the community blood supply, to inspire Central Texans to save lives locally, and to always treat everyone we serve as family. When you work here, you’re a vital part of helping to ensure that all Central Texans have access to life-saving blood when they need it! Our Clinical Services Program works closely with physician offices and hospitals to meet the needs of patients referred to make cellular therapy collections or apheresis treatments.
We are currently hiring a Clinical Apheresis - Registered Nurse. This individual will perform therapeutic apheresis and cellular therapy procedures both in-house and at contracted facilities in accordance to the physician orders and set procedures and policies, as well as coordinate, oversee and perform special donations procedures in-house.
- Perform stem cell collections for oncology patients at We Are Blood office
- Perform red blood cell and plasma exchanges acutely in ICU/IMC setting with contracting facilities
- Perform therapeutic apheresis and cellular therapy patients according to established organizational procedures and contracting partner policies.
- Review all request forms, physician’s orders, patient history, medications and lab work, as applicable.
- Access and maintenance of central venous catheters (CVC) and ports.
- Assess and monitor patients/donors while they undergo their ordered procedure.
- Provide patient/ caregiver education regarding procedures and post procedure care.
- Respond to reactions, identify/treat symptoms, administer medications as ordered, and assist with bladder needs, as required.
- Accurately record all procedure results, documentation and issued instructions in database and/or on required forms.
- Serve as liaison for patients and ordering physicians
- Participate in rotating call schedule for external clinical procedures with contracting facilities. Regular schedule can be flexible with a minimum of 30 hours up to 40 hours per week for benefits
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Skill / Requirements
- Must have an active unencumbered RN licensure in the State of Texas and hold a CPR certification.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to work a flexible full-time work schedule and have availability to participate in the rotating evening/weekend on-call schedule. (30 hours a week guaranteed.)
- Must have at least one year nursing experience in a hospital setting, oncology unit or clinic required.
- ICU, ER, pediatrics, apheresis, dialysis and/or oncology experience preferred. (On the job training is performed for apheresis.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
- Possess compassionate interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Clinical ladder for professional development available.
Interested in our organization, but not this job? Check us out at www.WeAreBlood.org to find out how you else you can be a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Full time, 30+ hours a week.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, 5 days a week, and on call rotation.
How To Apply
- Email your cover letter and resume to: Resumes@tcms.com. (Please indicate the job title in the subject line.)
Email your cover letter and resume to: Resumes@tcms.com. (Please indicate the job title in the subject line.)