McKim & Creed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SUE Utility Coordinator
at McKim & Creed
What if you had the opportunity to do something you love and make a difference in people’s lives at the same time? McKim & Creed is a company of people helping people. And that’s what gets us energized. That’s why we’re excited to get up and go to work every day. That and the cool tools.
With almost 200 geomatics professionals on staff, McKim & Creed is one of the largest geospatial and land surveying firms in the Southeast. Since 2012, ENR Southeast has ranked McKim & Creed one of the largest surveying and mapping firms in the Southeast. And, McKim & Creed has recently been ranked lucky #13 in POB magazine's first-ever listing of the top 100 geospatial firms in the U.S.
Our staff includes 40+ professional/registered land surveyors licensed to work in more than 20 states, 60+ field crews, more than 65 survey technicians, five ASPRS-certified photogrammetrists and one certified inshore hydrographer. Our crews are based in offices as far south as Florida and as far west as Texas, and travel throughout the United States and the Caribbean to respond to our clients’ land surveying needs.
Our state-of-the-art technologies, which include mobile and airborne LiDAR, utility detection instruments, vacuum excavation equipment and GNSS units, robotic total Stations and UAS’s, enable us to complete projects swiftly, accurately and safely.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
Watch this video!
Watch this video to learn more about what it’s like to be a part of our team!
- Coordination of all existing utility companies as well as TxDOT and other Clients.
- Familiarity with the TxDOT ROW Utility Manual and Texas Administrative Code Utility Accommodation Rules, knowledge of principles of utility coordination and associated terminology
- Ability to read and interpret applicable plans, schematics, blueprints and maps.
- Familiar with standard procedures relative to utility planning, construction and engineering fundamentals.
- Familiar with Right of Way policies, procedures and terminology.
- Identifies all utilities involved and interprets proposed TxDOT / Municipality plan sheets, cross sections, and profile drawings
- Schedules and attends Utility Meetings, Public Utility Meetings, One-to-One Utility Meetings, TxDOT / Municipality coordination meetings
- Reviews utility budget estimates, negotiates with utility per TxDOT ROW UM and TAC Rules
- Reviews proposed relocation plans for each utility involved and coordinate relocation to meet client schedules
- Reviews manufacturers or fabricators' prints for conformance with contract specification (Buy USA / Buy Texas).
- Prepares and maintains records, files and reports.
- Some overnight travel will be required
- Requires a lot of walking outside year-round across all kinds of terrain and in extreme heat and cold
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Three to five years of progressive experience in SUE field operations, proficiency with AutoCAD, Microstation, and Microsoft Office software
- Must communicate well and have vast understanding of all utility company abilities and limitations in the environment when relocating to new proposed locations
- Understanding of Utilities, and the roles of State (DOT) and Municipal Agencies
- Experience with TxDOT ROW UAR/UM/TAC
- Ability to identify and resolve utility conflicts
- Process oriented, methodical, consistent, detail oriented
- Likes to work alone when required
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.