McKim & Creed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at McKim & Creed
What if you had the opportunity to do something you love and make a difference in people’s lives at the same time? McKim & Creed is a company of people helping people. And that’s what gets us energized. That’s why we’re excited to get up and go to work every day. That and the cool tools.
With almost 200 geomatics professionals on staff, McKim & Creed is one of the largest geospatial and land surveying firms in the Southeast. Since 2012, ENR Southeast has ranked McKim & Creed one of the largest surveying and mapping firms in the Southeast. And, McKim & Creed has recently been ranked lucky #13 in POB magazine's first-ever listing of the top 100 geospatial firms in the U.S.
Our staff includes 40+ professional/registered land surveyors licensed to work in more than 20 states, 60+ field crews, more than 65 survey technicians, five ASPRS-certified photogrammetrists and one certified inshore hydrographer. Our crews are based in offices as far south as Florida and as far west as Texas, and travel throughout the United States and the Caribbean to respond to our clients’ land surveying needs.
Our state-of-the-art technologies, which include mobile and airborne LiDAR, utility detection instruments, vacuum excavation equipment and GNSS units, robotic total Stations and UAS’s, enable us to complete projects swiftly, accurately and safely.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
Watch this video!
Watch this video to learn more about what it’s like to be a part of our team!
- This person is responsible for the operation of a SUE field crew.
- The major objectives are the quality (accuracy, thoroughness, clarity, meets regulatory requirements, public relations) of work, safety, meeting schedules, within budgets, and responsive service to clients.
- They will organize field work and direct crew members, while accurately and efficiently collecting field data, locating features, and deliver data to the office; while maintaining accurate records of work and expenses.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Requires a lot of walking outside year round through all kinds of terrain and in extreme heat and cold.
- 3 to 5 year's progressive experience in SUE field operations, proficiency with survey equipment (total stations and GPS, SUE locating equipment, or hydrographic equipment).
- Individual will have good technical skills; behavioral traits of process oriented, steady, helpful, honest, trustworthy, adaptable, analytical, problem solver, likes work alone when required, methodical, consistent, detail oriented, precise, hates mistakes, likes structure.
- Employment may be contingent upon being able to pass background check for Nuclear Facilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.