Marble Falls Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Life Skills Paraprofessional
at Marble Falls Independent School District
Openings as of 7/12/2020
- Life Skills Paraprofessional JobID: 1220
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Paraprofessionals/LIfe Skills Paraprofessional
- Date Posted:
Marble Falls Middle School
- Date Available:
08/10/2020 Days 187 Pro-rated
- Help meet the individual needs of students, including transferring them to and from wheelchairs, lifting and positioning them, and signing or interpreting instructions for them, etc.
- Help students take care of physical needs and personal care including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
- Help manage the behavior of assigned students. This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student behavior as needed.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Work with assigned students or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
- Assist assigned students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned students.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
Salary Minimum - $12.62/hour
Primary Purpose:Help meet physical and instructional needs of individual students with disabilities inside and outside classroom. Assist with the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP), including self-help, behavior management, and instruction programs. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work with children with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Two years experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Equipment Used:Wheelchair lift and ramp. (Note: describe other equipment used based on condition of student assigned, i.e., adaptive equipment, oxygen gauges, etc.)
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling; regular heavy lifting of students; biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.